My kids are not just playing, but learning about Jesus at preschool.
Tara, mother & former Mission client
Licensed through the North Carolina Division of Child Development, our W.E. Mangum Children’s Development Center is an on-site preschool where children learn, grow and develop cognitively, socially and spiritually. We offer a safe, Christian preschool for up to 14 homeless and low-income children at a time. We provide children ages 2 1/2 to 5 years old with:
- A 1-to-7 teacher-to-child ratio
- Curriculum and activities that foster development
- Fun and educational field trips
- Assessments and referrals as needed
- Parent training, education and resource materials
- Highly trained teachers experienced in caring for children who come from backgrounds of homelessness and poverty
As a part of Raleigh Rescue Mission’s Recovery and Rehabilitation Services, the Children’s Development Center helps restore and rehabilitate families by modeling parenting skills, providing education services and materials, and offering monthly teacher/parent conferences. Once families leave the Mission, preschoolers may continue attending the program until they enter kindergarten.
For more information, please contact the preschool director, Gwen Whitley, at 919.828.9014, ext. 116 or email@example.com.
For more information about becoming a volunteer in the preschool, please contact Holly Cook, director of volunteer ministry, at 919.828.9014 ext. 126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.